January 31st, 2009 by admin
We have already powered through January - and what a month! And all our new years resolutions have been long forgotten - for most. That shiny new-year glow can pass quickly when life happens - as it tends to.
But we have a way to keep it fresh. How you put our suggestion into play is up to you, of course. And that will depend on just what motivates you (more on that later).
We have roped in the iPhone wallpaper feature to help us. Now we are all very visual on the team here at iPhonegizmo, so we are going for imagery to motivate us. But we will make other suggestions, below. Now, the fact is that you can use any photo you want as a wallpaper (more of that below as well). We wanted to use an image that would both remind us of our resolve to bring new ways into our lives as well as inspire us and give us a sense that anything is possible. After a bit of friendly competition we all agreed that these images fit our needs:
Why? Well, these are images of a new building being constructed in Dubai. And it breaks all sorts of traditions. For starters, every floor in the building will rotate (one full rotation every 90 minutes). Thats an 80 story building, with every floor rotating! Secondly, 90% of the building is being prefabricated off site - the idea being that it will only take 18 months to build. For us, these pics say “dare to dream”!
OK, you can use your own photos, of course. That includes taking a photo of your list of goals (what else is a new years resolution, after all). Some people have even taken a photo of their business card to use as a wallpaper on their iPhone. (the idea being that people will return their phone if lost) But you can take photos of airline tickets, Superbowl tickets, etc…
Once you decide on the photos, its a simple matter to turn them into wallpapers for your iPhone.
1) Connect your iPhone to your computer. When it launches iTunes, click the PHOTOS tab.
2) Then click sync photos from and browse to your photos folder.
3) Select the photos you want to make into wallpapers. Then click sync - the photos will now be on your iPhone.
4) Now tap the photos icon on your iPhone and you will see all your new photos.
5) Go to your settings menu and tap the wallpaper icon. The images you chose will appear.
6) Tap options and choose (tap) use as wallpaper
7) You can now experiment with position and with zoom .When the image looks right, tap set wallpaper.
Admire your work. You now have a unique wallpaper that works for just for you! And you now also know how you can easily update it. Not motivated to make your own? Click the image at the top for some fun free iPhone wallpapers - or check out those we recommended in a previous post.